Have you ever clicked on a Pinterest Pin, read the post but never saw that image that was on Pinterest? I have seen this so many times but I had no idea how bloggers were doing it. But today I am going to share the secret on how to hide an image on a post!
The way this works is that the image will NOT display on the post but if a reader clicks on a “Pin It” button the image will display as an option. Meaning you can pin different images to the same post.
TIP: It’s a great idea to have 2 different Pinterest images ready on one post.
To make it possible to hide an image you will have to add some code. It’s always a good idea to have a basic understanding of code but don’t worry if you don’t, I will walk you through the whole process.
Here is the code:
ADDING THE CODE
I find that it helps to see things visual sometimes so I have created a video to walk you through the process of adding the code.
But here is also a tutorial with images.
- Upload the image to your desired location. I would recommend it being your second image on a post (below your first Pinterest image).
- Make sure to add an ALT text to the image.
- Once the image has uploaded, switch to the TEXT view.
- Find the code for the image you just added (the one you want to be hidden), it will start with the <img> tag.
- Put the start tag of the code before the image code: <div style=”display:none;”>
- Then add the ending tag at the end of the image code (the image will end in </img>): </div>
- Switch view to confirm the image is hidden. You can also preview the post and click the “Pin It” button to check that it worked.
- Save the post.
HOW TO HIDE AN IMAGE ON A POST
And that’s how to hide an image. By doing this you can now save two or more completely different images for Pinterest. This will allow you to pin multiple images to one post to create more traffic from Pinterest. Hope this helps you achieve your blogging dreams! Do you happen to have any questions?