Privacy & Disclosure Policy for www.swimmingindebt.com.
BY VISITING www.swimmingindebt.com YOU ARE CONSENTING TO OUR PRIVACY & DISCLOSURE POLICY.
Many of our posts contain affiliate links. If you click on an affiliate link and buy something, I may receive a small commission. But it does NOT result in you paying a dime more for that item. Mentions of associated products/services/businesses within the content of my blog may or may not be noted as an affiliate in every reference. The affiliate money I earn pays the fees to keep this site up and running. Thanks so much for your support!
Swimming In Debt is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and links to Amazon.com. As part of this Amazon Associates program, the Website will post customized links, provided by Amazon, to track the referrals to their website. This program utilizes cookies to track visits for the purposes of assigning commission on these sales.
All advertising in the form of advertisements on my blog is generated by a third party ad network. Those advertisements are paid advertisements. This blog does not contain any content which might present a conflict of interest.
Swimming In Debt is sometimes compensated to provide opinions on products, services, websites and other various topics. Even though this blog sometimes receives compensation for particular posts or advertisements; we always give our honest opinions, findings, beliefs, or experiences with those topics/products. The views and opinions expressed are purely the bloggers own.
Visitors and any user of the site are referred to as “user”, “you”, and “your” and Megan Taylor is referred to as “we”, “us”, and “our”.
WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT AND HOW IS IT USED?
- This Site only collects the personal information you voluntarily provide to us, which includes your name, email address and website URL, in order to subscribe to our newsletter or comment on our website. If you opt-in to receive our newsletter, the option to unsubscribe will be included in every email.
- The Site may receive and store certain types of usage-related information when you interact with the Site, including but not limited to, your computer’s IP address, operating system type, browser information, pages you viewed, and dates/times when you accessed the Site. We may also collect information about actions you take when using the Site, such as links clicked. The information collected is used to customize the content and/or layout of the Site for each individual visitor.
- The Site uses Google Analytics to track statistics regarding audience and Site traffic. No personally identifiable information is transferred from the Site to Google Analytics. For more information on Google’s Analytics privacy policies, please visit their site.
- The Site engages in sponsored campaigns with various influencer networks, brands, and agencies. All sponsored content is duly disclosed in accordance with the FTC’s requirements. From time to time, these sponsored campaigns utilize tracking pixels (AKA web beacons), which may contain cookies to collect data regarding usage and audience. This information is collected by the sponsoring company to track the results of the campaign. No personally identifiable information collected by the Site is used in conjunction with these tracking pixels.
HOW YOUR INFORMATION MAY BE USED
We may use the information collected in the following ways:
- to operate and maintain the Site;
- to identify you as a user of the Website, and customize the Website according to your interests;
- to send you promotional information, such as newsletters. Each email promotion will provide information on how to opt-out of future emails;
- to send you administrative communications, such as administrative emails, confirmation emails, technical notices, updates on policies, or security alerts;
- to respond to your comments or inquiries;
- to provide you with user support;
- to track and measure adverting on the Site;
- to protect, investigate, and deter against unauthorized or illegal activity;
THIRD-PARTY USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
The Site may provide personal information with trusted third parties when you explicitly authorize us to share your information.
Additionally, the Site may use third-party service providers to service various aspects of the Site. Each third-party service providers’ use of your personal information is dictated by their respective privacy policies.
The Site currently uses the following third-party service providers:
Google Analytics – this service track statistics regarding audience and Site traffic. No personally identifiable information is transferred from the Site to Google Analytics. For more information on Google’s Analytics privacy policies, please visit their site.
Anonymous Data – from time to time, we may use anonymous data. This is information that does not identify you personally but may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
At this time, your personal information is not shared with any other third-party applications. This list may be amended from time to time in the Site’s sole discretion.
Except when required by law, we will not sell, distribute, or reveal your email addresses or other personal information without your consent; however, we may disclose or transfer personal information collected through the Site to third parties who acquire all or a portion of our business, which may be the result of a merger, consolidation, or purchase of all or a portion of our assets, or in connection with any bankruptcy or reorganization proceeding brought by or against us.
PUBLICLY VISIBLE INFORMATION
If you leave a comment on the Site, certain information may be publicly visible. Your email address will never be available publicly. At your option, you may also add an avatar, a profile description, and a link to your website.
Users may see your username, avatar, profile description and website information.
WILL THE SITE SHARE THE PERSONAL INFORMATION IT COLLECTS?
Except when required by law, the Site will not sell, distribute, or reveal users’ email addresses or other personal information without their consent. This does not include third-party partners, such as those listed above.
RIGHTS RELATED TO YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Opt-out – You may opt-out of future email communications by following the unsubscribe links in our emails. You may also notify us at firstname.lastname@example.org to be removed from our mailing list.
Access – You may access the personal information we have about you by submitting a request to email@example.com.
Amend – You may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to amend or update your personal information.
Forget – In certain situations, you may request that we erase or forget your personal data. To do so please submit a request to email@example.com.
Please note that in some cases, we may be required to keep your information by law. In such a case, it would no larger be active and would be kept separately in an archive.
Like many other Web sites, this Site makes use of log files. The information inside the log files includes internet protocol ( IP ) addresses, type of browser, Internet Service Provider ( ISP ), date/time stamp, referring/exit pages, and the number of clicks to analyze trends, administer the site, track users movement around the site, and gather demographic information. IP addresses and other such information are not linked to any information that is personally identifiable.
COOKIES AND WEB BEACONS-
Cookies are very small data files that are stored on your browser when you visit some websites. Cookies are used by most websites to tailor content and marketing messages to better suit your needs.
Our advertising partners include: Google Adsense and Amazon. You should consult the respective privacy policies of these third-party ad servers for more detailed information on their practices as well as for instructions about how to opt-out of certain practices.
AFFILIATE PROGRAM PARTICIPATION:
The Site may engage in affiliate marketing, which is done by embedding tracking links into the Site. If you click on a link to an affiliate partnership, a cookie will be placed on your browser to track any sales for purposes of commissions.
Swimming In Debt is a participant in Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and links to amazon.com. As part of this Amazon Associates program, the Website will post customized links, provided by Amazon, to track the referrals to their website. This program utilizes cookies to track visits for the purpose of assigning commission on these sales.
On the Site, you may subscribe to our newsletter, which may be used for advertising purposes. All newsletters sent may contain tracking pixels. The pixel is embedded in emails and allows an analysis of the success of online marketing campaigns. Because of these tracking pixels, we may see if and when you open an email and which links within the email you click. Also, this allows the Site to adapt the content of future newsletters to the interests of the user. This behavior will not be passed on to third parties.
We do our best to protect your information from any unauthorized access, misuse, or disclosure. However, you acknowledge that the personal information you voluntarily share could be accessed or tampered with by a third party. You agree that we are not responsible for any intercepted information share through our Site without our knowledge or permission. Additionally, you release us from any and all claims arising in any unauthorized manner. You agree to notify us of any breach of security or unauthorized use of your information.
SENSITIVE PERSONAL INFORMATION
To access or use the Site, you must be 16 years or older.
ACCEPTANCE OF TERMS
HOW TO CONTACT US
If you have any questions or concerns regarding this policy, please feel free to contact me directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This privacy & disclosure policy is subject to change without notice and was last updated on May 17, 2018.